Friday, March 6, 2009

Watchmen

Late night. 3:30am. Back from watching the Watchmen. Anybody else back from watching the film? I'm a fan of Alan Moore's book. So, I'm happy for the adaptation. However, as I've posted on my twitter (/mrz3000), the movie left me wanting: that is, the material was presented beautifully but the method of presentation--as if it was a damn music video--reduced the original source to popcorn fodder. I'm sure many would enjoy it for the sake of being a graphic story concerning superheroes, but I fear that the film wont be taken serious due to this insincere treatment. Any thoughts? I'm sure I'll watch it again, but I'm positive that my point of view will be reinforced.
-Z

1 comment:

  1. I went to our midnight showing. I'm a comic nerd (haven't read any in a while though), but I've never actually read Watchmen. Nevertheless, I was really looking forward to seeing it.
    For me, it was just okay. There were parts I liked, but there were just as many I disliked. I can't put my finger on it, but aside from the first 1/3 of the movie, it didn't grab me.
    I didn't hate it by any means, but I didn't leave the theater feeling the need to see it again anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete